Do you spend hours on Snapchat AND love Ole Miss? University Communications is looking for two currently enrolled Ole Miss students to take our official social media platforms to the next level. Our Social Media Ambassadors will showcase the Ole Miss experience throughout our communities in order to connect with prospective and current students, their families, our faculty, staff, alumni and fans. Please note, this is an unpaid internship for those seeking experience in a professional setting.
Examples of Work Performed
- Brainstorm and create social media content for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest
- Help compile weekly social media content calendar for university-wide social media working group
- Work closely with professional staff of writers, photographers, graphic designers and web developers to research, plan, implement and evaluate social media campaigns
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in Journalism, IMC, or similar program
- Prior professional experience managing organizational social media platforms preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work no fewer than 10 office hours per week
- Willing to assist with projects, campaigns outside of scheduled hours as needed
What’s In It For Me?
- Hands-on experience
- Opportunity to work with PR, marketing and other creative professionals
- Gain valuable portfolio content
- Influence and help develop Ole Miss social media channels
Not convinced? Many of our former interns have gone on to work with larger PR agencies including FleishmanHillard and The Focus Group. Others have gone on to become television reporters and media correspondents. The skills you learn in our office will serve you no matter the career path you choose. See what one of our former ambassadors had to say about it!
Interested? Apply below! Applications will be accepted between Nov. 29, 2016 and Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.